Being a paludis/cave user for years for Gentoo I am quite convinced of
its quality in several aspects.

Not seeing any substantial updates for a package manager is
critical, though.

There is at least one critical issue for 32 bit boxes, not fixed for
months:

- http://paludis.exherbo.org/trac/ticket/1356

There are others open and some to come (BLAKE2B support missing).

Finally, I saw this scary quotation of one of the main devs (see
comment #5 in this ticket
http://paludis.exherbo.org/trac/ticket/1352):

> Quoting Ciaran from mailing list:
>
>    I don't have a Gentoo box. You're welcome to submit a
>    replacement patch for that that doesn't hard-core EAPIs,
>    though, so it can be merged. It is pretty simple, but no-one
>    who has a Gentoo box to test it on has done it yet.

May I conclude that there is no interest (or no ressources) in
maintaining Gentoo compatibility of paludis/cave anymore from the
former main developers?

It seems to me that one of exherbo's explicit freedoms to "breaking
things when required" has been applied...

An open word on the future of the Gentoo support is appreciated.

And it may be wise to place an according warning for Gentoo users.

Thanks