Detlef Graef posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 21:56:25 +0200 as excerpted:

> Hi,
>
> Am 30.07.2017 um 05:24 schrieb Duncan:
>
>> Duncan posted on Sun, 30 Jul 2017 00:20:27 +0000 as excerpted:
>
> [...]
>
> You are using Pan 0.143:

> Are you using secure connections? Do you noticed any issues?

Unfortunately, no secure connections (yet).

My "bread and butter" use of pan is for gmane for my mailing lists such
as this one as newsgroups, which last I checked was no longer doing TLS
connections after the ownership transfer, so I had to reset gmane to
unencrypted. =:^(

But hey, I'm happy gmane's still up at all. =:^)  For awhile it didn't
look like it would be, and given that the fancy plans the new owners
posted to their blog haven't seen any updates in nearing a year now, it
still seems a bit abandoned, much like pan was for several years, so who
knows what the longer term will bring?

Meanwhile, I do have a "proper" paid NSP block account, a 1 TB block I
purchased with astraweb some years ago knowing that given the rareness of
my binary usage, it could well last me a lifetime, but my usage there is
just that, rare, and I've not touched it since the upgrade.

But I do have Petr's note requesting testing after the updated tls code
went in saved (marked unread, gmane is set unexpiring and my pan text
instance usage is a bit over a gig of cache with a 5 gig cache set, on a
dedicated btrfs raid1, 5 gig per device, so it shouldn't be going
anywhere), and if I happen to use the astraweb account for anything
anytime soon, it was my intention to test and reply there, tho it could
of course be here instead, now.