basavaraj.pa...@nokia.com wrote:
Hi Yoshi,

On 6/27/09 7:21 PM, "ext Yoshihiro Ohba" <yoshihiro.o...@toshiba.co.jp>
wrote:

Changes:

- Revised definition of "Serving Network".

- Added an informational reference for 802.21 as an example mechanism
for discovering PaC and CPAA to discover each other.

Basavaraj questioned about the need for PAA-initiated pre-auth, and I
agreed with his comment. But
PAA-initiated pre-auth still remains, based on Alper's comment "PANA
already supports PAA-initiated auth. So, unless we do anything special
(to eliminate this case), it comes for free."

Even though PANA supports PAA-initiated auth, I do not believe this is
applicable in the case where the target network to which the host is not
even attached would be able to trigger authentication.
So while the PAA-initiated auth makes sense in the regular PANA use case, I
don't see this as being valid in the scenario described in the pre-auth I-D.

The target network can trigger PAA-initiated preauth without requiring MN to attach to the target network, with the help of the serving network. For example, 802.21 network-to-network handover command allows the serving network to indicate the target network about a possible handover of the MN.

Yoshihiro Ohba

So I would recommend dropping this scenario from the I-D.

-Raj

Best Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba