We discussed this draft today. The remaining Discuss was about how mandatory we should make IPsec. You had discussed about a SHOULD with Stephen. I suggested that while interoperability is useful and mandatory-to-implement mechanisms are good for it, we also have to talk about how much value we bring with a security mechanism. In this case there are some issues like MITMs able to block PANA packets. However, some of these vulnerabilities are not helped by relay - PAA security, as the relay can still do bad things, and because ARP/ND vulnerabilities between the client and relay in any case make it possible to become a MITM. Stephen had some suggested text that I agree with:

"PRE/PAA security is OPTIONAL since PANA messages are designed to be used in untrusted networks, but if cryptographic mechanism is supported, it SHOULD be IPsec."

Jari