I think importing text from the other one Stephen had suggested would be an
improvement. Like this:

3. Security of Messages Sent between PRE and PAA

PRE/PAA security is OPTIONAL since PANA messages are designed to be
used in untrusted networks, but if cryptographic mechanism is
supported, it SHOULD be IPsec. When the device characteristics preclude
support for IPsec, an alternative mechanism such as DTLS [REF], or
link-layer cryptographic security, etc. may be used instead. This section
describes how IPsec [RFC4301] can be used for securing the PANA relay
messages.

Alper