On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 00:28, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>       I use perl 5.8.0 and par 0.75. We have a network installation of
> perl in /tools/sunos/perl58, where I built an executable. I am having
> trouble running this executable built on a machine in a different network.
> This machine has perl 5.6.1 installed in /usr/local, and do not have PAR
> installed on it (Should not matter really). Looks like it's not able to load
> the shared library libz.so . I see following message

Does the machine where it's failing have libz.so installed?

Note that pp currently does *not* pack additional shared libraries
that are referenced from the Perl modules it packs, e.g.
Compress/Zlib.so (which gets packed) refers to libz.so (which
doesn't). For now you can explicitly add libz.so to the executable:

- find Zlib.so where your perl modules are installed
- run ldd on it and note the location given for libz.so:
      libz.so => /foo/bar/libz.so
- use option -l for pp:
      pp -l /foo/bar/libz.so -o ...

Cheers, Roderich