Thu Sep 24 09:34:23 2009: Request 18472 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by RSCHUPP
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: "parl foo.par script.pl ..." uses a cache area that doesn't
depend on foo.par
   Broken in: 0.975, 0.982, 0.991
    Severity: Normal
       Owner: SMUELLER
  Requestors: rsch...@cpan.org
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=18472 >

On Thu Sep 24 03:28:03 2009, TJC wrote:

> I attach a dirty patch that resolves it,

Thanks for the patch, but...

> but potentially breaks god-knows-what-else.

...for starters, it breaks the test suite (and I think that can't
be fixed). Sorry, if a solution would be that easy, we would have
put it in a long time ago. I think that any solution should
not meddle with the C code, but rather be implemented in par.pl.
But par.pl also suffers from doing dual duty: being called
from parl proper as well as from each pp-archive (second stage
of bootstrapping).

Cheers, Roderich