With the help of Roderich Schupp I was able to install PAR-Packer-1.005
(had problems with dmake) on strawberry perl 5.12 Windows XP.

I can use pp to produce Windows executables which can be run on other
Windows machines without an installed Perl, even Tk is working!

But compiled programs with "use IO::Socket::SSL" will not run on other
machines:

"This application has failed to start because libeay32_.dll was not found."

is the error message I see there.

My application (*) does https communication. How can I tell pp to include this
libeay32_.dll?

So far I use: pp -gui -clean -o schwuppdiwupp.exe schwuppdiwupp.pl

On my developper machine (with strawberry perl 5.12) everything works fine.
But my target machines do not have strawberry perl installed. I need a
standalone program.exe with everything "on board".

(*) http://fex.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/tmp/schwuppdiwupp.pl

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server- und Arbeitsplatzsysteme
Rechenzentrum                  E-Mail: horlac...@rus.uni-stuttgart.de