Thu Jul 29 08:13:51 2010: Request 59710 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by RSCHUPP
       Queue: Module-ScanDeps
     Subject: Par-Packer not including all dependencies
   Broken in: (no value)
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: kalo...@digsys.bg
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=59710 >

On 2010-07-29 05:32:51, kalo...@digsys.bg wrote:
> $ pp -o princ -e 'print "INC = @INC\n";'
> $ ./princ
> INC = CODE(0x8028e4420) CODE(0x8028e48a0)

Bad, there should be /tmp/par-USER/SHA1-CHECKSUM/inc in there
(or /var/tmp/... instead of /tmp/...)

> -Dscriptdir=/usr/local/bin

Is there another version of Perl installed in /usr/bin?

> About PAR::Packer I build it from FreeBSD ports and there is no 'make
> test' as far as I can see.

Can you try to build PAR::Packer yourself from CPAN sources?
Note that PAR::Packer is way more sensitive to differences
between the environment where it was built and where it is run
than a "normal" Perl module. So the best option is always to
build it yourself.

Moreover, if you have multiple versions of Perl installed it's
easy to mix them up when building PAR::Packer resulting in
a non-functional installation. I just tried that here
(on Linux, but the argument is universal):
I have Perl 5.12.1 installed from my distribution (installed in
/usr/bin etc). Then I built Perl 5.10.1 locally to install
somewhere like /usr/local/perl-5.10.1 - pretty standard.
I set my $PATH so that this local perl is found ahead of the
"system" one and tried to build PAR::Packer with the standard
method:

- download tarball from CPAN
- unpack it and cd into its top level directory
- perl Makefile.PL
- make
- make test

I ended up with a hybrid that had parts from both the local and the
system perl - not good.
So if you try for yourself, please run it under script or such
and post the whole record starting with "perl Makefile.PL" until
"make test" has fiinished.

Cheers, Roderich