On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 11:31 PM, Zakariyya Mughal <zaki.mug...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> $ objdump.exe -ax
> "C:\msys64\tmp\par-7a616b69\cache-b75d584224b1a1061779c0bb91d380c83ae4a68e\79d2d23b.dll"
> | grep "DLL Name"
>             DLL Name: Cairo.dll
>             DLL Name: Glib.dll
>
> I see that the same problem from the mailing list thread is still
> present where the DLL references other DLLs that may have already been
> loaded.

Correct.

If the problem is that a DLL is being loaded twice (with a different
> name), then why not keep a package variable to cache this and skip the
> step if it has already been loaded?

Because we don't know that this has happened - one copy is loaded by the OS
without any intervention from Perl. Sorry, it looks like there's still no
solution for this problem [1].

Cheers, Roderich

[1] ... except teaching PAR::Packer to stop extracting and loading "glue"
DLLs with mangled names.