Sun Jun 14 11:24:18 2020: Request 132811 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by RSCHUPP
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: Win32: Crash a week after start
   Broken in: (no value)
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: ralf.neuba...@wido.bv.aok.de
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=132811 >

On 2020-06-13 02:59:53, SLAFFAN wrote:
> $ENV{APPDATA} would be better than $ENV{PROGRAMDATA}
>
> It is easy enough to add to mktmpdir.c for Windows builds, so I can
> work up a PR if Roderich is in favour of the idea.

Go for it :) I suggest "$ENV{APPDATA}/Local/pp" and maybe we may omit the
per-user sub directory
in this case (as %APPDATA% should already be per-user). Maybe drop the ancient
fallback to C:\TEMP
(and the really weird %WinDir%\temp) as well.

Keep in mind that par_mktmpdir in myldr/mktmpdir.c has a perl-level sibling
_set_par_temp in script/par.pl.

Cheers, Roderich