Hi Utkarsh,

On 18-04-16 20:04, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
This has always worked for me with earlier versions of
ParaView, but something seems to have changed. It could be the newer NVidia
driver we use since a few weeks, but like I said, I don't see issues with
any other OpenGL application.

Paul, can you try with ParaView 5.0.0 and 4.4 binaries as well? Since
those worked before, let's see if it's a NVIdia driver change that's
affecting ParaView.

4.4 works without problem in client-server mode (although I can't seem to get subsampled rendering during interaction working, no matter what remote render settings I try). 5.0.0 shows the same GLX-related issue as 5.0.1.

It smells like an interaction between the new OpenGL2 backend and the NVidia driver we use (361.28): I tested 5.0.1 on my workstation (running both client and server there) with driver 364.16 and there it works without a problem. A test between my workstation (PV client) and a different machine (PV server) with driver 352.79 also works.

Paul

--

Paul Melis
| Visualization group leader & developer | SURFsara |