This indeed sounds like Qt 5  + OpenGL2 rendering backend issue. I am
actively working on a fix for that here:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/merge_requests/1262
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/2300

Qt5 support in ParaView is not official yet. We hope it have it sorted
about before the next release.

Utkarsh