Hello Riccardo

It should work and it does in most cases (not in yours though).
You can try the following.
 - Create a Box
 - Create another Box
 - "Object" Link both box
 - Change a parameter in one box,
*Apply*
 - Same parameter is changed in the other box as well

As for your example with the slice (or clip, or any filter using a
ProxyProperty) this does not seems to work and you indeed need to link the
proxy property itself in order to obtain this.
In terms of usability, it means that "Object" Link will not go down the
object tree visible in the manager, but only link all property at the level
of the object.
I am unsure if this is a missing feature or a bug, in any case, feel free
to open an issue in the bugtracker, I see that you've already created an
account.

Thanks for your report.
Regards,

Mathieu Westphal