Hi,

You can use trace feature (under Tools -> Start Trace) of ParaView to
generate desired Python script with little bit modification. For example,
I generated a Python script to open single pieces of multi-piece dataset
and add loop to script to automatically open them,

from paraview.simple import *
import glob, os

paraview.simple._DisableFirstRenderCameraReset()

os.chdir("/Users/turuncu/Desktop/a")

for file in glob.glob("atmos_CROSSpoint*.vtk"):
    # create a new 'Legacy VTK Reader'
    ocean_CROSSpoint9600vtk = LegacyVTKReader(FileNames=[file])

So, with same logic you could create a script that group two file and
modify the Python script to make it automatic for any number of files. I
hope it helps,

Regards,

--ufuk