Thanks Utkarsh, Just a quick question to validate my understanding. It
sounds like you're confirming what I had determined so far, you can't plot
simple 2D data, you have to pretend its 3D, i.e. the additional of a z axis
where the values are all zero? I had figured that one out, and it works for
this example, a simple heat map. However, this doesn't work for the
creation of a contour plots or elevation plots, where the third variable is
interpreted as height? Ideally, the result would be an elevation plot with
the height values also used to color the surface. Can these other types of
plots also be created in paraview?

thanks,

-eric