Hi, I've been using goldwave for a while for file conversion, but
never attempted sound editing.  I've a book which is too long to fit
onto my MP3 player, so I want to cut it up.  I want to start by
eliminating the credits at the beginning.  I've opened the file in a
goldwave sound window, and immediately pressed left bracket to insert
a start marker, (I've used shft9.  I've then played the credits and
set a finish marker at the point where the start of the reading takes
place.  I've done this with right bracket, (shft0).  I then pres del,
and the entire file goes away!. I also thought that on the second to
bottom line of the screen I should be able to see the entire length of
the file, together with what's selected.  I can't.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
ob
---