Bruce, is the goldwave list off the ground yet?

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Bruce Toews
Sent: 24 May 2004 22:11
To: PC audio discussion list.
Subject: Re: goldwave help

You're mistaking brackets and parentheses. The brackets are the two
keys
to the left of the backslash. Shift 9 and shift 0 are parentheses.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Mon, 24 May 2004, rinty wrote:

> Hi, I've been using goldwave for a while for file conversion, but
> never attempted sound editing.  I've a book which is too long to fit
> onto my MP3 player, so I want to cut it up.  I want to start by
> eliminating the credits at the beginning.  I've opened the file in a
> goldwave sound window, and immediately pressed left bracket to
insert
> a start marker, (I've used shft9.  I've then played the credits and
> set a finish marker at the point where the start of the reading
takes
> place.  I've done this with right bracket, (shft0).  I then pres
del,
> and the entire file goes away!. I also thought that on the second to
> bottom line of the screen I should be able to see the entire length
of
> the file, together with what's selected.  I can't.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> ob
> ---

> $0 Bannerless Web Hosting, 10 POP and Web Email Accounts, & more
> Get It Now At www.doteasy.com

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---