Hi Kevin.  I have my CDex set to 128 K.  I thought that was supposed to be
CD quality.  Maybe I'm not sure, but when I went into Soundforge, it classed
128 K as CD quality.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Kevin Lloyd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 4:14 PM
Subject: Re: which is better format


> Hi Ron.
>
> This is a pretty loaded question as there are many factors and preferences
> to be taken into account.
>
> Personally, I rip using the Lame MP3 encoder at 320kbps.  This gives me as
> close to CD quality as possible and I have plenty of hard disc so don't
have
> to worry about file sizes.
>
> I do have a portable player so if I need to load more music than it's
modest
> 10GB hard disc will take, I use CDEX to re-encode down to a level that I'm
> happy with, for example 192kbps.
>
> As I always keep the 320kbps masters which I've cleaned up and set volumes
> to be the same, there's no great loss in quality in re-encoding down to a
> lower bit rate to my portable player when required.
>
> Kevin
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Ronald Glaser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 7:17 PM
> Subject: which is better format
>
>
> what is the better format between
> windows media 9 loss less  aug and mp3 or mp4
> Ron
> _______________________________________________
> PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
> http://www.pc-audio.org
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
> http://www.pc-audio.org
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>



_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to