  From: RQJ
  To: PC audio discussion list.
  Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 5:40 AM
  Subject: Re: MP3 files

  Peter,
  If I understand correctly, you want to listen to the audio file before you
  decide to download it.
  Try this, go to internet options, and tab to the advanced tab.
  Arrow down thru the list until you come to multi media.
  Now arrow down until you come to play sounds in webpages.
  If I'm correct, with this turned off, you will always get a download
  dialogue.
  If this is on, you should be able to listen to the file with whatever player
  you have on your computer before downloading
  That is if the player that you use will play the selected file type.
  Richard Justice