Peter,
I went and checked on this, with internet explorer,
and tried to do the same on a website.
When I clicked on an mp3 file, I got the download dialogue.
But, instead of selecting save, I selected open.
It did sound like it was going to download , but it didn't .
Instead my default player just played it.
When I first tried, I did get a dialogue, asking if I wanted to play the
media in internet explorer,
and I chose, no, and there was a checkbox there, to remember my response.
So I'll probably never see that dialogue again.
Hope this helps,
Richard Justice
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Bentley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 1:50 AM
Subject: Re: MP3 files
Richard
Yes, you have understood correctly.
I have checked as you suggested and the play sounds in web pages is turned
on. I have Winamp as my player and that does play MP3 files normally when
these are located on my hard drive etc.
Peter
----- Original Message -----
From: RQJ
To: PC audio discussion list.
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 5:40 AM
Subject: Re: MP3 files
Peter,
If I understand correctly, you want to listen to the audio file before you
decide to download it.
Try this, go to internet options, and tab to the advanced tab.
Arrow down thru the list until you come to multi media.
Now arrow down until you come to play sounds in webpages.
If I'm correct, with this turned off, you will always get a download
dialogue.
If this is on, you should be able to listen to the file with whatever
player
you have on your computer before downloading
That is if the player that you use will play the selected file type.
Richard Justice
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Bentley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 6:40 PM
Subject: Re: MP3 files
Doc I have tried to follow what you described but I can't find the
option.
I have listed here the buttons in the dialogue box as spoken by JAWS:
Start download button
Download later button
URL address of target file
Save as field
File info button
Change button (this simply alters where file is saved to on computer)
Nearer servers]
Automatically select best location
File info description
Advanced button ( This appears to allow speed of download to be altered).
I did try playing with all the buttons to bring up the open option but
couldn't.
Peter
----- Original Message -----
From: doc
To: PC audio discussion list.
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 10:08 PM
Subject: Re: MP3 files
Peter what youwill see after clicking is the download dialog box. the
firstr option highlighted is save. If you up arrow you can change this
to
open. You may recall seeing something similar to this if you ever tried
opening an attachment from within an email.
Doc Wright
http://wrightplaceinc.net
When I've given all that I have to give
Its just the least I can do for my neighbor.
_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
http://www.pc-audio.org
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
http://www.pc-audio.org
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
http://www.pc-audio.org
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
http://www.pc-audio.org
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
http://www.pc-audio.org
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]