OK,
Enough is enough!  My daughter has an XP Standard 2 gig machine with 512 ram
and 40 gig drive she is giving me.  It's sort of messed up as I think she
has picked up some
nasty things from the net.  So, she recommends wiping the drive and
recommends re-installing the XP O.S.  I agree, I would like to tailor the
machine to what I want it to do.  It's running Soundblaster Live, has a
couple of good speakers and a sub woofer.  So, given that we are going to
re-load XP to get a clean machine, any suggestions as to settings for good
audio production and especially accessibility of audio software?  The
machine was from Dell so we have all their software as well if any of it is
useful.  I want to record my guitar and share music back and forth with
others so we can build songs together over the net or using my website as an
upload, download home base of operations.  She is Sighted and will help me
re load the OS, or I can pay a fellow to come in and do it for a small
charge who is an experienced pro.  In either case, any suggestions as to
anything such as settings before I delete the entire system?
Thanks:
Rick USA
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/HKFolB/TM