From: "Susan Wojtecki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2004 11:14 AM
Subject: Re: WinMx

Paul and Kristen,
First of all, Winmx works pretty well even without scripts, though I do
appreciate the added functionality of the scripts.  One tip if you decide to
try without the scripts is that you might consider the verbosity option of
turning on foreground colors so that you can tell the state of your uploads
and downloads.  In other words, if a particular file is identified with
cyan, it means the file has been successfully/completely downloaded, green
means it is still in progress, red means it has stopped and is incomplete
etc.  Hope this helps.

Paul, I'm using JAWS 4.02 and Windows 98.  For the most part I can use the
PC cursor except to enter on a download link or a context item within the
transfers window.  I'm not sure how much this varies from system to system
or with OS or screenreader and version, but I am quite used to it and have
not found it to be a problem beyond the initial adjustment of learning the
program.  I guess it depends on how comfortable folks are with the JAWS
cursor in general--in this instance I would not say the program is
inaccessible for that reason.

Susan