I can see I'm going to have to do a bit of research on this, but I was
under the impression that the iPod shuffle was a flash memory based MP3
player and it cost around $100.  I've heard one of the controversial
issues about the iPod Shuffle is that it has no display, making some
wonder how successful it'll be.  I assume this means that at least playing
the iPod Shuffle should be fairly accessible.  What I don't understand is
how this makes it so different from say the Creative MuVo which is a flash
memory based MP3 player without a display that costs around $80.  the MuVo
is also nice because you don't need any proprietary software to copy music
to it.  You just plug it into your computer's USB port, and it shows up as
a removeable drive.  You can then use Windows Explorer to move MP3's,
WMA's, ..., over to it.  Of course, you could also just use it to transfer
files from system to system.

Christopher

Christopher J Chaltain
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Chris Skarstad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
01/22/2005 09:37 PM
Please respond to
"PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>

"PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Apple Ipod Shuffle accessible?

Hi Steve
I'd love to, believe me man.  But I saw the price on it and I was like oh
man it sure would be nice to get something so nice for so cheap.
Unfortunately, all the other players, at least that I've seen, are around
$300 to $350 and I just can't afford something like that at the moment.
Ah,
I guess i've just gotta save up those coins.
<smile>.