Hi, Kevin, first, make sure in the record source parameters dialog,
that the radio button selected is software, and not sound board, or
what ever the second button is called, then, you will probably want to
convert on the fly to mp3, and to do this, check the check box that
says record using specified parameters below, and also check the check
box that says remove silent gaps, prevent internet transmission check
box, so that when your stream buffers, it will not be recorded.  Then
tab to the change button, and press the space bar, and from the
formats, select mpeg3, and 56k is a good bit rate, then press apply,
and okay.  Then, from the file menu, right arrow to options, and then
press enter, and then press enter again on the settings dialog, and in
the system tab, which is the tab in that ten page tab control on the
far left, tab to the radio buttons, and select the bottom one, which
tells total recorder only to run the driver when the program runs,
then, in that same tab, check both the use directly check boxes, for
recording and playback.  There are some more things, and a good
tutorial is at
http://www.acbradio.org/archives/mainmenu/mm0883.mp3
which is about an hour long, and there are other tab controls covered,
but for recording, just start total recorder, and press control r, and
the focus will change, and you will hear it say something like stop
button, or how ever your screen reader is set up.  Control p is the
stop command, and control u pauses the recording.  Hope this
information helps, and incidently, you need to start recording before
you start your player of choice, or total recorder won't record.
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:55:48 -0000, Kevin Cussick wrote:

>       Hi all,
>
>I am trying to get total recorder to record from the internet using
>something like real player.
>
>Can someone walk me threw how to do this?
>
>I have just downloaded the demo version it  is 5.1 standard if some
>one could help me off list if that is better for all I would be most
>grateful.
>
>My e-mail address is at the bottom of this rant Loll.
>
>--
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Marty