Hey there, Will and all.  Well, the unit is quite small, and it has several
recording modes, both stereo and mono.  The stereo and one of the mono settings
save their files as Windows Media Audio, and
the other two mono modes save their recordings in the proprietary DSS format.
All the modes sound quite good.  The length of the recording time is as
follows, approximately:  High-quality stereo, 1HR
10MN; standard stereo 2HR 20MN; High Quality Mono 4HR 40MN; standard Mono 10HR;
and low quality mono 22HR.  I use mine all the time.  The menus all default to
there normal setting after
you've used them, so there is only a little bit of memorization in order to
operate the unit.  Battery life is very nice; and it comes with a USB docking
cradle, so you do not necessarily need the USB cord,
if you don't want to use it.  Also, it can be used as a USB microphone and a
USB speaker, which can be good if you are using dictation software such as
Dragon of ViaVoice.  It also has voice
activated recording and mic sensativity selections.  On playback, it comes with
some different noise cancellation settings.  The buttons are fairly big, for
the most part, and the speaker sounds pretty
good.  The ear buds that come with the unit are very decent, and it even comes
with a carry-case that is cool, too.  It uses two tripple A batteries, and it
has a headphone input, 3.5MM and a mic input,
also 3.5MM.  That is the standard MINI stereo plug, in case I got the
millimeters wrong.  There you have some of the more useful features, and the
price tag is around US $149, but it can be found on
the internet a little cheaper.  Sometime in the not-too-distant future, I may
do a review of this little recorder.  I trust this information is helpful to
the list.

Shane Jackson
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA.