Hi Scott, John R. here, I'm sure I can help

Now for the Unknown thing, this is done because Windows Media player can't
get out on to the internet, this could be a firewall, or a setting, if you
are using Norton Anti Virus 2005, this will ask you straight away if you
want to let it, I know this because this is what I use. if that isn't the
case then you may not have the correct options set up for the program do the
following:
Open Windows Media Player
Go to the Tools Menu
Now arrow down to Options and hit enter
Now get on to the page named, Player Tab, or something like that, this can
be done a number of ways but using, CTRL Tab together will move you through
the pages
Now once the Page tab is in view, tab across the page and look for an option
that says something like, Connecting to the internet over rides every
program, this is done because there could be a program going out on to the
internet at the same time and Windows Media player could be waiting for that
to finish, or the option might be on Don't connect.

Now about the folder change, do the following:
Have Windows Media Player open
Go to the Tools Menu
Go to Options the same as before
Now once Options is open go to the Rip Tab, this can be done the same as
before, CTRL and Tab, until you come to Rip Tab Page
The first button you land on is called Change you press enter or spacebar on
this and this will open another window and tab around and I'va change the
folder or create a folder for it and it when it is crated or change will
conferm if you want to make that change.

I hope this helps if not please get back to me on I'va private E-mail,
through this group, or on MSN:
All these details are below.

Speak to you later

>From John and guide dog Iris
Group & Personal E-mail, and MSN:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Blanks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 11:18 AM
Subject: ripping music with Windows Media


> Hi all,
>
> The cd ripping feature of Windows Media Player is quite easy to use, but I
> have one question about the results. The program always creates a folder
> called unknown artist, containing tracks that aren't named corresponding
to
> the songs. Is there an option in Windows Media to go online and check the
cd
> database so that the artist, album, and tracks will be properly named.
>
> Also, can I control where the folder of ripped music is created? It seems
to
> put the songs in an odd place, and I'd like to alter that.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
> http://www.pc-audio.org
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>




_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to