Nolan, out of my limited Sound Forge 8 experience, just up-arrow or 
down-arrow changes the zoom rate for how much the right or left arrows 
move the cursor.  If you still have trouble, perhaps marking the 
beginning of the portion to be deleted with the letter I, and the end 
with the letter O might work for you in making the selection.  The I 
and the O are for marking in and out, and seem to have replaced the 
left and right brackets that worked in earlier versions of SF.

Good luck.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Nolan Crabb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 6:12 AM
Subject: Sound Forge 8 and Precise Editing


I've been using Sound Forge 8 for about two months now, and I'm 
struggling
with an editing issue I hope someone here can help me solve.

I can't get it to select very small amounts of data when I do a 
Shift+Right
or Shift+Left arrow.  I can get it to move in tiny increments when I 
just do
a left or right arrow to move through the file, but I want to be able 
to
edit out single syllables and other tiny points in an audio file. 
I've done
a series of Shift+Up arrows to decrease the amount of the selection, 
but
nothing I do seems to help.

What frustrates me most is that the setting is almost certainly right 
in
front of me, staring at me larger than life, so to speak.  But I can't
figure it out to save me.  I desperately need to do precise edits with 
this
program the way I could with Sound Forge 5.  I'm working on another 
audio
Christmas project for my kids this year, and I need to edit the job 
with
real precision.  Please, any Sound Forge users out there with any 
ideas or
even speculation, chime in.  And if this is such a narrow topic that 
it
doesn't help the majority on the list, please don't hesitate to reply
privately.  I've spent hours in the preferences menu trying to figure 
out
what would give me the option of very small incremental selections 
with
Shift+Right Arrow and such, and it's not jumping out at me at all.

Best Wishes,

Nolan Crabb


_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 


_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to