Hi folks,

I have a number of cd's that I am considering copying to my hard drive; I've
had those discs for many years and I am concerned about deterioration and/or
scratching, etc. However, I don't know what file format I should convert the
tracks into. I have free versions of Real Player and Winamp, and of course,
Windows Media. With those, I know I can choose between mp3, WMA, and
possibly another format using the newest version of Winamp. What I would
like to accomplish is converting the tracks into a high quality file that
does not take up too much space.

For those of you who have converted a large number of discs into audio
files, what format did you choose and why? Should I shell out money for a
more powerful program than the ones I've already mentioned?

Very curious,
Scott