Real just takes over the system too much, it will yank the volume of speech
way down, and wants to play everything and start up with the system.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Wells" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:26 PM
Subject: Re: alternative to real player

I haven't tried changing the output yet so I cannot comment on your post.

Allot of people are convinced (rightly or
wrongly), that Real Player is full of spy ware so
perhaps Real Alternative isn't.

At 14:21 14/12/2005 -0500, Dana S. Leslie said:
>I tried RealAlternative, mainly because, Unlike RealPlayer, it is
>*supposed*
>to be possible to configure it to use a secondary output device. Well, the
>control is, indeed, there, but I could never get it to work! Even when I
>set
>it to use my secondary sound card, it continued to use only my default
>card.
>So, what the point in having an alternative to RealPlayer, if the
>alternative is just as limited as the original?
>
>Blessed Be,
>
>Dana
>that's Dayna, D A N A, NOT Donna, D O N N A
>
>D. S. Leslie, née C. R. Guttman
>Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Skype: dsleslie
>Web: ÞE OL' PHILOSOPHIE SHOPPE
>Your Source for Discounted Ideas
>http://members.cox.net/dsleslie2/

"Most accidents happen within the home so please
don't drive your car in the house."

This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we