hi i have the h10 20gb and its usable. i can't wait though for rockbox to support it but i'm able to navigate the menus and i think the fm tooner works very well. i haven't recorded with it but transfering files from the hardrive to it is coppy and paste. very easy. the up and down touch feature is great once you get use to it. my question would be does anybody know when rockbox might start to tackle the h10? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Noseworthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[email protected]> Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:41 AM Subject: Re: Mp3 player purchase.
> Hi: > > It seems that Rockbox will support the Iriver H10 series when they get > aroung to it. If I were you though, I would make an extra effort to > acquire > an Iriver H300 series unit. The newer units are more focused on their > ability to display video now. You should be able to pick up an Iriver H320 > or an H340 on Ebay from a reputable Ebay store. I was even able to find an > Iriver h120 that way. > > Hope this helps. > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Nektarios Mallas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > To: <[email protected]> > Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:03 AM > Subject: Mp3 player purchase. > > >> Hello list. >> I know that this subject is on and off from this list for some time now. >> I am on the market for a hard disk based player myself and I have some >> questions. >> Iriver has discontinued the h340 and is now very hard to find. Since >> rockbox only works for out of date players at this point, I will buy >> something that is more current and I will have to put up with the >> difficulties we all have when accessing something with out speech, >> remembering menus, count key strokes etc. Is the iriver h10 20 gb >> version reasonably usable? There is a touchpad as I understand from the >> description. Can we use that thing? Can we go up and down the menus or >> file folders accurately? >> Do we need special software to transfer files or it is as with the h340 >> accessible with windows explorer? >> I am also thinking about ipod 60 gb version. I think however that this >> unit does not have any line in or fm tuner. Is the ipod accessible as >> above? It appears that it has a click weel. Can you locate files if you >> know where they are? Can you transfer files back and forth easily? >> Do you have to edit mp3 tags for all this to make sence? >> Any help is very much appreciated. >> >> Nektarios. >> >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... >> http://www.pc-audio.org >> >> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: >> [EMAIL PROTECTED] >> >> This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we >> offer, visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com > > > _______________________________________________ > PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... > http://www.pc-audio.org > > To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we > offer, visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com _______________________________________________ PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... http://www.pc-audio.org To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we offer, visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com
