Yes, it is a very nice recorder.  The internal mics sound good, but if you
get the bug, there are external mics you can buy that sound even better.

--Warmest regards,

--Rick Alfaro

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Gary G Schindler
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 1:18 PM
To: PC audio discussion list.
Subject: Re: Edirol R-09

Rick, the Edirol R-09 is at the top of the list for Christmas this year for
me.
The Gentlemen at the store let me open a factory sealed box, and let me play
with one to my heart's content. out of the box it was ready to record on
once I put in the SD card and plugged in the power adapter. I was able to
play a recording I made, and with a little help, determined that I could
delete files on the unit itself too. I could monitor what I was doing with a
pair of phones through the headphone jack before I made a recording. I was
pleased with the performance, and next time I go to Hollowood Music, I am
going to get one.