Hi there,

Well, I think that now that I have an Edirol, it's time I start learning about 
things, such as bit rates and speeds.
Here's why.
I tried recording a friend's 50 minute gig on it today using the 64 mb card 
that it came with.  I was under the impression that if I used the Edirol on the 
wave setting, it would be about a mg a minute, and that would give me about 50 
mgs on the card.
Well, such was not the case, because I only got about one song and a little bit 
of banter, and the song wasn't even four minutes long.
I got home and hooked it up to the computer and saw that the card was 
completely used up with just that.

So, not knowing much about how bit rates work, doing the math conversions, and 
such, I'd like for someone to explain all of this to me in a logical way so 
that I know what to use for recording when.
If this has been talked about on the list, then feel free to respond to me off 
list; however, I wonder if others wouldn't like some sort of explanation as 
well.

Jim
_______________________________________________
PC-Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we offer, 
visit us on the web at http://www.MosenExplosion.com

Reply via email to