Hello to all from a new list member.

I've joined this list specifically to get help with a recording problem I'm 
having at the moment. Its probably easier if I just lay it all out for you 
here and see how we get on!

I wanted to record some films etc from my hard drive recorder onto the PC 
and I installed Goldwave 5.1 to help me achieve this.

However, even after reading manuals and getting help from other sources, 
each and every attempt to record something failed miserably. The playback 
always sounded as though my levels were far to high, leaving me with a 
heavily distorted recording. I tried every possible combination of settings 
and levels, but each and every attempt resulted in the same distortion.

I started asking around to see if anyone could help, and the general feeling 
was that the Realtec AC97 Audio I was using as part of my PC set-up may have 
been the weak link. So, taking more advice on board, I've now bought myself 
an external soundcard, the Creative Audigy NX2, in the hope that this will 
make things right. The NX 2 arrived today, and I now find myself with more 
questions than answers! It'll be Sunday before I can get hold of sighted 
assistance  and then I remembered about PC-Audio!

So, my first question is, is it possible to run the NX2 and the Realtec AC97 
side-by-side? Or do I need to disable the AC97 while using the NX2 and vice 
versa.

Ideally, I'm hoping the NX2 will work with Goldwave 5.1 and enable me to 
make my recordings.But I've noticed that after connecting it up tonight I 
lost my existing PC audio. Everything went silent, no JAWS no nothing, until 
I disconnected the NX2 again.

What I'm really hoping to find on this list is someone who's already 
successfully using Goldwave 5.1 with an external Audigy soundcard to make 
recordings through the line-in facility on the card. This way I can obtain 
some exact settings etc to help me get started with this whole PC audio 
recording thing!

Sorry if I haven't made myself at all clear about what I'm trying to do 
here, and the problems I've run into whilst trying to do it, but if anyone 
can offer any kind of help and advice, that would be very much appreciated.

Regards.

Darran 



Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to