First, let me ask that you forgive my ignorance for using the incorrect editing
terms. I've used Total Recorder for several years, mostly for very coarse
editing. The other day I was attempting to clean up an interview trying to get
rid of pauses and the all too many stumbles and realized that with Total
recorder, it's only possible to move the editing markers by a tenth of a second
gradations. So, as a result if I didn't by happen stance place a marker exactly
between words, moving it to the left or right by a tenth of a second would make
it too large of a leap. The result would be either to include the end of the
last word of the phrase I whished to cut, or clip the first word of the portion
I want to retain. My question is whether either Gold Wave or Sound Forge allows
for much finer movements of editing markers?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Tony Swartz