I and other people have ripped thousands upon thousands of CD's with  
Exact Audio copy, we've put them into two different storage modes, we  
used Exact Audio Copy to convert the rips to MP3 and also to cue and  
FLAC ppairs, we did this last step for ease of copying the CD'S  
should we need to do so for anyone in the future, the FLAC-Cue pairs  
for each CD we store on dVD'S, we get about 12 FLAC-Cue pairs per DVD.

On 06/10/2007, at 8:34 AM, albert griffith wrote:

> I used to use CDEX and I was quite happy with it.  In those days it  
> would
> only rip.  Then, I got Nero and my audio needs weren't real great  
> but I'm
> getting ready to rip, convert and store 650 disks on a drive so I'm
> reevaluating applications.  I plan on selling the disks after I  
> copy them so
> I want everything to go well.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> audio.org]
> On Behalf Of Gary Petraccaro
> Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 3:27 PM
> To: PC Audio Discussion List
> Subject: Re: Rippers and Conversion Packages
>
> Why aren't you using cdex?
> Thannks.
>
>   ----- Original Message -----
>   From: albert griffith
>   To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
>   Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 11:30 AM
>   Subject: RE: Rippers and Conversion Packages
>
>
>   EAC is quite configurable but it's kind of a geek's program in  
> that few
>   operations are automatic.  If you haven't, check out CDEX.  It's not
>   commercial but easier to use than EAC.
>
>   -----Original Message-----
>   From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> audio.org]
>   On Behalf Of Gary Petraccaro
>   Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 8:39 AM
>   To: PC audio discussion list.
>   Subject: Rippers and Conversion Packages
>
>   I'm having to do some kinds of audio things I haven't done much  
> and it's
>   making me think seriously about changing applications.  What  
> formats does
>   EAC support or what can it be made to support with plug-ins?  Can  
> it be
> used
>   to backup files and folders?  Does it support dvds?
>   Lastly, it has enormous flexibility in ripping cds, but how much  
> of that's
>   really necessary and when?  I've done ripping with Nero up till  
> now and
>   haven't had many problems as far as I can tell.
>   Thanks for the help.
>
>   Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
>   http://www.pc-audio.org
>
>   To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
>
>   Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
>   http://www.pc-audio.org
>
>   To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
>   --
>   No virus found in this incoming message.
>   Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>   Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.14.0/1049 - Release Date:  
> 10/4/2007
> 8:59 AM
>
>
> Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
> http://www.pc-audio.org
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
>
> Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
> http://www.pc-audio.org
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

******************************
Dane Trethowan
 From Melton Victoria Australia
Phone +613 9747 3975
Fax +613 9743 7954
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
msn: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
skype: callto:grtdane12
*******************************





--------------------------------

Join the fight against spam!  Have your ISP enable client/server authentication.

--------------------------------

Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to