Hi all,

Forgive my ignorance on this topic, but I'm just now considering the
purchase of dvd-r discs for some of my storage/personal needs. I realize
however, that I know very little about the technology. Here are my
questions:

1. Can dvd-r discs be used to store mp3 and other compresse media such as
WMA? If so, is the process for burning, if that is the correct term, the
same as burning a cd? For example, can I copy/paste or send items to the dvd
drive on my pc, then perform a standard data burn via Windows Media?
2. Once I've gotten the mp3/WMA files onto the dvd-r disc, regardless of the
method, can this disc then be played back in most dvd players, including
video dvd players folks use in conjunction with their televisions? I realize
there will be exceptions, but if there is a general rule/answer to this
question, I would love to be enlightened. Also, if I have stored a large
number of files, contained in multiple folders on this dvd, will a person
using a video dvd player be able to view the names of those folders and
their files?
3. Amazon is offering a spindle of 100 dvd-r discs made by TDK for $26. Does
this seem a good bargain?

Thanks all,
Scott