which means you have sound even on a computer that doesn't have a sound
card.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dane Trethowan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: USB Speakers?

Yes exactly, I have a pair here which i use with Itunes on the Mac,
you plug em in and Itunes can take total control of them, they're
actually classed as a Sound Device on my Mac at any rate and I'd
assume the same thing for windows so you can select that sound device
as a default audio output for Windows for example.

On 19/02/2008, at 7:16 AM, Rick Harmon wrote:

> If they plug in to the 1/8 jack then they aren't true USB speakers.
> True
> USB speakers get  the audio through the USB connection as well as
> the power
> and don't plug into the 1/8 jack.
>
> Rick
>
> --
> Visit my webpage and podcast feed at:
> http://www.blind-geek-zone.net
> and my web Blog at:
> http://blind-geek-zone.blogspot.com/

> and reply to the confirmation msg.
>
> Contact info:
> Email - [EMAIL PROTECTED] & [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Skype - rharmon928
> MSN - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dane Trethowan
 From Melton Victoria Australia