A system restore might work.  Also, try resetting your sound card's
settings.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 1:38 AM
To: pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: Please...Re: Magicjack and Screenreaders

Hi All, Ok, about Magic Jack, glad your doing ok with it. I tried it as it
so states in its set up and nothing went right.
So far, it has taken me two days to try and figure out what the heck went
wrong. I cannot find anything that it downloaded, this is necessary in order
to clean out my system and possibly try again. But here is the really bad
thing; all my sounds are gone now. I go into the sound settings and try
like windows start and when I click the play button to as if test the sound,
a dialouge box shows and says that this media file cannot be played because
my sound card is now in use and as far as I know, this is bunk.
My jaws works ok, but no sounds in any program. I use to get a sound to
notify me that I got email, now nothing; and so on.

So, does anyone know how to get my sound card working again?
I really would like to get MJ working but not at the expense of jaws or any
other interference.
Any ideas out there?
MMM
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 00:44:05 -0400 Dan Eickmeier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:
> Good to hear that Magic Jack and screen readers are relatively ok, i
>
> know you can use it on a mac as well,any mac users out there that use
> it with VoiceOver, if so, how is the software on the Mac?
> On 13-Apr-08, at 7:26 PM, JardataMailServicesBox wrote:
>
> > Hello James!
> >
> > To answer your question about Magicjack and Screenreaders (JAWS or
>
> > Windows-eyes), yes, a blind person can use it just fine.  All you
> do
> > is insert the Magicjack into a USB port and it installs itself
> > temporarily.  You have to answer a few questions at the sign-in
> > screen the first time, but that is it.  The interface on the
> screen
> > is not to accessible, but it has a skype-like interface and you
> can
> > enter numbers and there is a dial and hang-up button.  However,
> once
> > the program is loaded, you can minimize the screen, so Magicjack
> is
> > hidden or minimized; then you can plug a regular house phone into
>
> > the MJ unit and you are ready to go.  You get a regular dial-tone
>
> > and you can make phone calls directly from the regular phone.  You
>
> > don't even have to use the screen at all.  It works directly like
> > regular phone.
> >
> > One thing:  On my old Dell Desktop, once I plug the MJ unit, the
>
> > sound goes to the phone (XP Pro); however, when I plug the MJ unit
>
> > into the HP Desktop (Vista) I don't get the same effect and the
> > sound stays with the computer.  You can turn off JAWS and just use
>
> > the phone.  Some guy said you could start JAWS first and plug in
> the
> > MJ unit later and the USB may not take over the sound card.
> >
> > Like I said, MJ is definitely usable via the phone regardless of
>
> > your screenreader.
> >
> > I have the unit and it works fine.  They could, however, do a
> little
> > script-type work on the screen interface.  The good thing about it
>
> > is that, once you get the unit, your phone costs go way down.  You
>
> > only have to pay a small licensing fee in succeeding years ($18 a
>
> > year for me, as I bought unit early, but it may be cheaper for
> > current purchasers).  Free long distance in US and Canada and
> skype-
> > type credits for calling abroad.  I think, however, that, if you
>
> > sent a friend or relative in another country a unit, you could
> have
> > free long-distance calling, as long as you both are logged on or
> if
> > you call your MJ number and it is in England, they could answer it
>
> > and pay nothing.  I like that.
> >
> > James
> >
> > Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
> > http://www.pc-audio.org

> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Michael Thanks You...
TickTalk Publishing Invites You...
And www.ticktalk.net Welcomes You...
Read Our Stories And Have A Better Life!