Curtis, wow, those were the exact instructions I needed. Now got back all
my sounds and I'm a happy man again.
But, I have removed the MJ device and am not sure if I shold allow it any
nmore of my worries?
Does it do this reset each time you plug it in?
Once I plug it in and start useing it, do I have to reset this setting
only once?

I am so busy that I can't spend time trying to fix things I know little
about, so what do you think on going forward useing the MJ?
Does it have any more tricks under its buttons?
MM  
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 01:02:23 -0500 "Curtis Delzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:
> lots of ideas, do this first,
> go to control panel, sounds and audio devices,
> and, press control-tab. You will land on a tab which says volume 
> page. Press 
> the right arrow until you hear "audio tab." Now press the tab key 
> until you 
> hear "sound playback device, combo box," where you change the 
> default 
> playback device.
> USB Internet Phone by TigerJet
> if it says this, use that combo box to change it to your sound card, 
> and 
> then, do this, after you've changed it to your sound card, press tab 
> until 
> you hear,  Use only default devices, check box not checked." Press 
> the space 
> bar to check this box. Now press tab to "apply," and press the space 
> bar," 
> to apply your changes. Shift tab to ok, to close the dialog.
> 
> Curtis Delzer
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 12:38 AM
> Subject: Please...Re: Magicjack and Screenreaders
> 
> 
> Hi All, Ok, about Magic Jack, glad your doing ok with it. I tried it 
> as
> it so states in its set up and nothing went right.
> So far, it has taken me two days to try and figure out what the heck 
> went
> wrong. I cannot find anything that it downloaded, this is necessary 
> in
> order to clean out my system and possibly try again. But here is 
> the
> really bad thing; all my sounds are gone now. I go into the sound
> settings and try loading up one of my own or any other and no go. I 
> tried
> just setting one, like windows start and when I click the play 
> button to
> as if test the sound, a dialouge box shows and says that this media 
> file
> cannot be played because my sound card is now in use and as far as 
> I
> know, this is bunk.
> My jaws works ok, but no sounds in any program. I use to get a sound 
> to
> notify me that I got email, now nothing; and so on.
> 
> So, does anyone know how to get my sound card working again?
> I really would like to get MJ working but not at the expense of jaws 
> or
> any other interference.
> Any ideas out there?
> MMM
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 00:44:05 -0400 Dan Eickmeier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> writes:
> > Good to hear that Magic Jack and screen readers are relatively ok, 
> i
> >
> > know you can use it on a mac as well,any mac users out there that
> > use
> > it with VoiceOver, if so, how is the software on the Mac?
> > On 13-Apr-08, at 7:26 PM, JardataMailServicesBox wrote:
> >
> > > Hello James!
> > >
> > > To answer your question about Magicjack and Screenreaders (JAWS 
> or
> >
> > > Windows-eyes), yes, a blind person can use it just fine.  All 
> you
> > do
> > > is insert the Magicjack into a USB port and it installs itself
> > > temporarily.  You have to answer a few questions at the sign-in
> > > screen the first time, but that is it.  The interface on the
> > screen
> > > is not to accessible, but it has a skype-like interface and you
> > can
> > > enter numbers and there is a dial and hang-up button.  However,
> > once
> > > the program is loaded, you can minimize the screen, so 
> Magicjack
> > is
> > > hidden or minimized; then you can plug a regular house phone 
> into
> >
> > > the MJ unit and you are ready to go.  You get a regular 
> dial-tone
> >
> > > and you can make phone calls directly from the regular phone.  
> You
> >
> > > don't even have to use the screen at all.  It works directly 
> like
> > a
> > > regular phone.
> > >
> > > One thing:  On my old Dell Desktop, once I plug the MJ unit, 
> the
> >
> > > sound goes to the phone (XP Pro); however, when I plug the MJ 
> unit
> >
> > > into the HP Desktop (Vista) I don't get the same effect and the
> > > sound stays with the computer.  You can turn off JAWS and just 
> use
> >
> > > the phone.  Some guy said you could start JAWS first and plug 
> in
> > the
> > > MJ unit later and the USB may not take over the sound card.
> > >
> > > Like I said, MJ is definitely usable via the phone regardless 
> of
> >
> > > your screenreader.
> > >
> > > I have the unit and it works fine.  They could, however, do a
> > little
> > > script-type work on the screen interface.  The good thing about 
> it
> >
> > > is that, once you get the unit, your phone costs go way down.  
> You
> >
> > > only have to pay a small licensing fee in succeeding years ($18 
> a
> >
> > > year for me, as I bought unit early, but it may be cheaper for
> > > current purchasers).  Free long distance in US and Canada and
> > skype-
> > > type credits for calling abroad.  I think, however, that, if 
> you
> >
> > > sent a friend or relative in another country a unit, you could
> > have
> > > free long-distance calling, as long as you both are logged on 
> or
> > if
> > > you call your MJ number and it is in England, they could answer 
> it
> >
> > > and pay nothing.  I like that.
> > >
> > > James
> > >
> > > Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
> > > http://www.pc-audio.org
> > >
> > > To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >
> >
> > Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
> > http://www.pc-audio.org
> >
> > To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >
> 
> 
> Michael Thanks You...
> TickTalk Publishing Invites You...
> And www.ticktalk.net Welcomes You...
> Read Our Stories And Have A Better Life!
> 
> 
> Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
> http://www.pc-audio.org
> 
> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> 
> 
> Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
> http://www.pc-audio.org
> 
> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> 
 
 
Michael Thanks You...
TickTalk Publishing Invites You...
And www.ticktalk.net Welcomes You...
Read Our Stories And Have A Better Life!


Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more... 
http://www.pc-audio.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to: 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to