Do you know if the new hard drive is on the primary IDE
channel as a slave to the boot drive?  If your computer is
not more than a few years old this should work.  Perhaps your
boot drive is being constantly accessed by something and not
allowing quick access to the new hard drive.  However, you
might impprove things by connecting the new hard drive to the
secondary IDE channel.  Normally there is only a CD or DVD
drive connected to the secondary channel and the access might
be faster.

** Original Message From: Kathy Szinnyey **