Very well stated Bruce. Not long ago, I would have and occasionaly did join you in the endorsement of this software. Now I've decided that I won't be updating further. In fact, I've already rolled back and haven't yet decided whether or not Easy CD still deserves space on my harddrive.

As of this writing, I can't even get the program's author to respond to my emails and I've given up on him. That being said, does anyone know of a program that offers the kind of accessibility that Easy Cd used to offer? I'd like to move on to something that continues to advance while mnmaintaining accessibility. For whatever reason, I'm not a big Nero guy, but if there's an all around program out there that's similar to what Easy cD once was, I'd like to hear about it.

Larry


Larry Naessens
Vinyl Trans4mations
A Division of Jalana Enterprises
Bradford, Ontario
Phone: 905 918 0658

Vinyl Trans4mations, a Burn Above the Rest
At Vinyl Trans4mations, we turn old records and tapes into brand new CDs that you can listen to for a lifetime. Visit us at www.vinylguycafe.com. We welcome all of your enquiries by phone or email. Before sending us your media, please contact us for important shipping instructions.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce Toews on an Unspecified Input Device" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 9:28 AM
Subject: I Was Wrong


I was wrong to recommend Easy CD-DA Extractor to people. It once was a
very, very accessible program, but has become increasingly less so over
the versions. It is still a marvelous tool for burning audio or data
CD's or data DVD's. But for ripping CD's, version 12 is all but
unusable, or at least it has been in my experience. The author insists
that standard controls are being used, and if our screen readers can't
handle standard controls, that's our problem. I am truly sorry to anyone
who, on my recommendation, may have purchased this program and given its
author money he does not deserve. If you are looking for a good,
accessible burning solution, Easy CD-DA Extractor meets those
qualifications. But as other accessibility has decreased over the
versions, who knows what may happen with the burning capabilities. I
really thought the author was committed to trying to make the program
accessible, but clearly he is not, and my public endorsement of the
program was unfounded. The track listings and the file location controls
are not standard controls, nowhere near standard controls. The author
says he will not sacrifice functionality for accessibility. We are not
asking for decreased functionality, was are simply asking for the
accessibility. It is unfortunate that it has come to this. Again, my
sincere apologies for the high praise and recommendation I gave for this
program in the past.

Bruce
--
 Bruce Toews
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]



Jonathan Mosen List Founder
Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
http://www.pc-audio.org
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



Jonathan Mosen List Founder
Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
http://www.pc-audio.org
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to