I've never heard Foobar.
----- Original Message ----- From: "James Scholes" <ja...@jls-radio.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2008 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: Does the sound quality of different software media players differ?

Hello,
I love the sound that I get from Foobar2000 over that from Winamp. Just sounds so much clearer and punchy. Dana S. Leslie wrote: "I think they definitely do differ; an I, for one, prefer the sound quality I
get from Winamp, to either WMP or Realplayer. If you don't want it, you can
disable Winamp's equalizer, as well as the features that send it web
browsing.

Not liking its interface, I've never used QuickTime for anything other than
playing streams that will only play in QT. But what about it is supposed to
be superior for audiophile listening? I've never found Winamp deficient in
that regard.

Blessed Be, Namaste,

Dana
that's Dana, D A N A, NOT Donna, D O N N A
If your synthesizer pronounces them identically, instruct your customized
pronunciation  dictionary that Dana=dayna.

D. S. Leslie, née C. R. Guttman
Email: dsles...@alumni.princeton.edu
Skype: dsleslie
Web: ÞE OL' PHILOSOPHIE SHOPPE