Try hitting Fn F3.  That should shut the touch pad off for you.

John

At 04:54 PM 3/11/2009, you wrote:
So, all you intrepid souls out there, I thank you so far for all your help.
I now seem to be able to use What you Hear" using Total Recorder as long as
I use an external microphone and not the little mikes on the Asus.  I've
also installed Winamp today after losing my temper one too many times with
Windows Media Player.  Now the files I play using Winamp sound really
distorted.  Anyone know what that's about?  Again, I'm using Playback and
record through Total Recorder and am running Windows XP Home Edition.  And
while we're on the subject of annoying questions, could someone tell me how
to stop that snazzy little touchpad from constantly making me lose focus?
I've slowed the mouse down (I think) but I just have to think and Jaws focus
goes to the desktop or My documents or whatever I might have open.
Extremely annoying and won't do at all when we try to do webradio!

Thanks again so much for all your help!

Peace,
Kathy

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3928 (20090311) __________