From: "Kathy Szinnyey" <joyfulreneg...@insightbb.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: Turtle Beach Sound Card?

Hi, Keith and gang!  This is what I came upon when I was googling around for
a cheap tiny USB sound card for my new bestest friend, my Asus. Oh, kidding
about the bestest friend.  My Braille Plus is my bestest friend.  No, things
are not my best friend.  Got too many great people who fit that bill.
Anyhoo, hee is what I discovered and the link to where I found it:

Price: $29.95
Buy Now

In
Detail--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Audio Advantage Micro is a completely self-contained audio component
which works by itself providing complete sound to your Desktop or Notebook
system.
Whether you're looking to improve your existing sound card or replace an old
or broken sound card, the "Audio Advantage Micro" will deliver.

table with 2 columns and 15 rows
Feature
Benefit
Stereo analog output
Connect headphones or powered speakers to your PC or laptop.
Works with USB port on any PC or Laptop
Provide a second audio output source or additional headphone output so you
can stop fumbling around the back of your computer just to switch from
speakers
to headphones
Multi-channel digital audio pass-through
Send Dolby Digital® and DTS® multi-channel DVD sound to A/V receivers or
digital speakers. (DTS pass-through is only available in Windows 2000/XP)
S/PDIF optical digital audio output.
Connect your PC or Laptop to the latest high-tech home entertainment
equipment with a pure-digital, distortion-free signal, for highest fidelity,
low noise
audio reproduction.
Revolutionary signal processing system.
Listen to stereo digital music or movies with the simulated sound of a
multi-speaker, surround-sound system using ordinary stereo headphones or
stereo speakers.
Built-in headphone amplifier.
Laptop users often complain of low output from their headphone jack. Audio
Advantage Micro addresses this with its built-in headphone amplifier giving
you
a wider range of amplification.
Virtual 5.1 Surround Sound with stereo music.
Replace the "in your head" effect of regular headphone listening with
spacious surround sound on stereo sources such as CDs or MP3 files.
It's almost like having a whole new music collection!
Virtual 5.1 Surround Sound with DVDs.
Listen to DVD audio with spectacular simulated home-theater surround-sound
on stereo headphones.
Simulated 3D audio effects with games.
Enjoy realistic 3D sound effects with stereo headphones while playing
multi-channel games.
Wide variety of ambiance settings ("Environments").
Enhance music playback with simulated "big room" effects such as concert
hall, hallway, stadium, and more.
Multi-band equalizer with user-defined presets
for adjusting tone.
Adjust the bass, treble or other tone settings so you can listen to your
music exactly the way you like it.
Easily switch between sound field settings.
Select whichever one suits the particular program material and your own
preferences.