Hi guys
Like the subject says, I've got this Asus laptop, and I'm looking at getting an external sound card, preferably USB that will allow me to, among other things, use the what u hear, or stereo mix option so I can record external devices like a tape deck or something similar, or in other cases, allow me to record software speech so that I can review a program and send it to somewhere like blind cool tech or put it on my own podcast feed. I realize one of the Creative Audigy, or possibly a turtle beach card will let me do this, so I'm aware that it can be done. The thing is, I'd like to be able to do the instalation of the software independently, I understand that when you hook up sound cards and other audio devices, windows takes that to mean that you want that new device to be the default card, and I'd like to be able to get it installed without sighted assistance...I've never done this before so it's something new to me. I've also heard that some of the instalation programs for these cards aren't the easiest to use with a screenreader. So if anyone has any thoughts or recommendations of a card that's easy to install and does everything I like, that would be awesome!

Thanks.

Chris