So how does a blind user go about selecting music from the Linksys device? I'm sure there is probably a remote that comes with it but the trouble I ran into with a similar device called the Roqu SoundBridge, was that selecting folders or tunes was all done via a display while controlling it with a remote. Not accessible at all other than memorizing some keystrokes to try and get to a play list or folder of music. You could do stuff from the pc side and the software was somewhat usable, but that was not much help if you are sitting in somewhere else, a few rooms away.

There used to be a device called the CD3O that actually used TTS to announce the songs and I had heard that the device was actually quite accessible, but I don't know if that company is even in business any longer.

RA

On 5/7/2009 4:40 PM, David Edick wrote:
this is wireless, however it does have a Ethernet port for configuration. it
does have digital out as well as analog stereo via a mini plug or 2 stereo
RCA plugs. the software can be used with a screen reader  and there is a
tray icon for toggling the sound from the linksys device or your sound card.
however that isn't necessary. you would use the software to connect to the
music bridge, or bridges that are "hangin' out" on your network.

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 1:06 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Streaming Audio to a Non-Networked Device

On Wed, 6 May 2009 07:52:55 -0700, you wrote:

Have you looked at something like the Linksys wireless G music bridge?

No, but that's only because I've not heard of it before just now.

basically the software CD installs a C-Media sound driver which sends the
audio to a configured music bridge device that connects to a line in on
your
receiver.

That's the kind of thing I'm after, all right.

you would need to configure it with the supplied software to access any of
the music bridge devices you acquire.

So, it hangs out on the network, and the software on some PC somewhere
finds it and set it up, then you use it to access stuff, or you use
the computer to send stuff to it?  I'd much prefer the former, which
is what makes the netbook so atractive.  Are these Music Bridge things
wireless (I hope)?