Hi. Wow this sounds like it's exactly the one I'm looking for! My only question is, is the software that comes with it necessary? I'm not going to be doing a whole bunch with surround sound, just maybe occasionally recording from an external source like a casette deck or cd player or something, so I don't need anything that's going to require me to hook up tons of speakers. Space is limited here. It does sound quite nice though!