Hi. I don't see why not, as long as you can get JAWS to behave itself. JAWS 10 will let you determine what card it works on, whereas older versions required you to edit a .ini file to make that work, and it wasn't always easy to do.
But I think y ou can do that.

At 04:23 PM 5/16/2009, you wrote:
an this sound car be used for d.j.ing purposes, meaning can you have JAWS go to the turtle beach soundcard and play music on your default soundcard?

Sincerely,
Jason known as Blind Fury
windowslive contact kb3...@msn.com
skype contact kb3icc
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Skarstad" <toonhe...@verizon.net>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2009 1:51 AM
Subject: my initial impressions of the turtle Beach Audio Advantage SRM

A while ago, I had asked about buying an external sound card, and I eventually chose the Turtle Beach Audio Advantage SRM. This card is tiny, weighing in only a few ounces, and it kind of looks like a cigarette lighter at first glance. It has 4 audio jacks 2 on each end of the card, the ones I've paid the most attention to are the microphone, and the headphone jack, which are on the same end.

This card also sports 2 stereo mics, a green LED light that blinks when audio is present, and stays solid when none is playing. So if you have some usable sight this might take a bit of getting used to.

I have a set of speakers hooked up to the card which handles my music and windows sounds, and I have Window-eyes 7.01 routed to my laptop's internal Sigmatel card. So I now have 2 sets of speakers instead of one. This allows me to have more control over the volume of each one. I have 2 volume controls to use now, but if I want to hear the speech over the music more, it's easier for me, because I can keep the music at the same level now.

As far as instalation goes, I had another friend of mine helping me, and we learned a somewhat valuable lesson that I'm sure most people probably know either through just being technically savvy, or having the same experience we had. If you're going to install this card, be sure to hook the card *directly* into your laptop or desktop's USB ports, do not use a USB hub. If you do, the driver's won't install properly, because the card can't draw enough power. The card is recognized, but not to the same point as it would be via a regular straight USB connection. So make sure you have a free USB port handy. To install it, we first inserted the cd that came with the card. If you're using window-eyes, you'll have to use your mouse pointer, numpad plus pressed twice, and then you use your numpad 2 and 8 keys to arrow down to where it says setup. At that point, press your left mouse button and the software will install. Then, when prompted, please insert the cable into the card, and the other end into the USB port.

You may lose speech after pressing yes at this point, but this can be fixed. It's a good bet that the card is now active, so what you'll need to do is plug a pare of headphones or speakers into the headphone jack. If you hear speech, you're good to go. The headphone jack is located on the top right handside of the card, you'll feel a circular sort of socket or plug with ridges, and just to the right of that, that's your headphone jack. The jack to the left of that one is your microphone jack. When you plug a headset mic or any other mic into that jack, the stereo mics on the card itself are muted, so for the least confusing results, I would say you might want to have something plugged into that jack all the time.

Initially, the software tried to install the necessary driver for the card to function properly, but I had to reboot a couple of times to get the process to work properly. Hey, I'm new to this and it was a learning experience. So the driver installed and all, at this point, seems to be working well. As for the SRM control pannel program, it is definitely not very speech friendly, not without a lot of mousing around. and even then, some of the screens look mighty confusing. So the best way to customize things is to probably stick to using the regular Windows volume control. That will allow ou to set things how you want them. Overall, I'm very pleased with the card! The install was a bit touch and go because, as I said we weren't sure why things weren't working but after I remembered that I had been using a hub, and I plugged the card directly into my laptop USB port, that's when things vastly improoved. Hope this helps anyone looking to buy a card like this. Hopefully it'll help you avoid any pitfalls along the way and you'll have your new card up and running in ono time!

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4080 (20090515) __________

http://www.eset.com