I'd have to say that's true. I am a huge Howard Stern listener and his main complaint is the flat screen and not being able to type without a keyboard. It's nice to hear sighted people bitching about it too. Though I think to a degree blind people will have to come out of there comfort zones and embrace things like the new ipod.
thanks
bb

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray" <rays-h...@raynetbrm.plus.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: More on the new Ipod Touch

Steve, oh yes, entering text via a screen image of text is possible ok, and it
amazes me how adaptable some blind people will get to be in the flow of
things.

I think there's more than a bit of Apple ideology driving some people here, and I'm not saying that's all a bad thing, but I've heard it said that even some sighted ITouch and IPhone users wish there was a real keyboard you could
pull out and use for text entry.

I've yet to see a mature and even handed debate on touch and gesture
interfaces but I'm all too aware that you have to try it to have a worthwhile
apraisal of how usable it is.

I keep an eye on things Mac though as on the audio sie, which is much of what I these days, the Mac is important. so, hoping for some informative posts or
links to articles on editing on the Mac.

Ray

Steve Matzura wrote:
Hi, Gary: